It’s been 15 weeks since my surgery. I’m really doing well. The degree of bending in my right knee is at 110 and the one in the left is at 106. My doctor will be putting me under this Friday to do a “manipulation” to bend my leg (heel to butt) to loosen up the scar tissue in the upper part of my knees. This will help me get to 120 degrees total so I can “squat”.
But here’s all the good things that have happened.
(The lovely painting to the left is by Ted Carlson)
- I’ve lowered my time-released insulin from 40 units to 29 units.
- I’ve lost a lot of weight – down 2 to 3 dress sizes.
- I can walk up the stairs left / right without stopping too much.
- I can walk up and down the stairs without spotters.
- I can drive.
- I went back to work as a sales associate at Pottery Barn.
- I’m back in the gym riding the bikes and working with weights.
- I’m back on track helping my daughter with her wedding and shower (October 28th is coming quick.)
- My Physical Therapy has slowed down till after this procedure on Friday but I credit all the hard work to my WONDERFUL physical therapist Mike. He’s my hero.
- Plus I can’t begin to tell you how much I love my friends and family. They have been the ground work of positive reinforcement for me that has made what could have been awful to bearable.
Oh, one other thing, my son passed his Illinois bar exam. This was a happy house on Monday.
I look at the where I’ve come from to where I am now and it seems like years have passed by. I have a greater appreciation for the rehab centers and all that they do.
I’m looking for a new playlist. Getting tired of all the other songs. I need something that will keep me totally occupied mentally while I ride those bikes – boring – just saying.