Roasted Italian Sausage and Shrimp
I’m always looking for the quick painless meal to make for dinner. Here’s one of them. This is an adaptation from the Food Network Magazine 12/20p11 issue but I added Italian Sausage to the mix. REALLY tastes fabulous.
- 5 size “B” red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 Tablespoons Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 – 14 large uncooked shrimp, cleaned, deveined and tales off.
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
Preheat your oven to 400°.
In a glass baking dish add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil to the bottom of the roasting pan. Add the potatoes, pepper and sausage then season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix.
Roast for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, use the remaining 2 Tablespoons of oil in a shallow dish, mix the garlic, oregano, and shrimp. Season with the paprika, salt and pepper.
When the 15 minutes are up add the shrimp mixture and toss. Place back into the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
Serve with a salad, or rice. Easy, fast and flavorful. Your family will LOVE it.