We went to Wildfire in Chicago last Friday. They had a watermelon salad on their menu that I’ve seen other places online that I’ve wanted to make. I had no idea how it would taste and didn’t want to chance purchasing all the ingredients then NOT like it. So I ordered the Wildfire Watermelon Salad. It was delicious.
So this is what it looks like and the recipe is below.
Watermelon Summer Salad
- A few slices of seedless watermelon sliced thin in triangles.
- 1 slice red onion, chopped (more than enough)
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 oz domestic feta, cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon restaurant quality black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
Lay your watermelon down on a plate in layers. Top with arugula, tomatoes, onion and feta.
Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Drizzle over salad.