Yes, I think I’ve found the perfect 9 x 13 pan. I’ve used it three times and I couldn’t be happier with the results. It’s an exclusive William-Sonoma bakeware. Last week they had 20% off this bakeware and I had gift cards – oh man I hit the jackpot.
1. It’s non-stick. You know you’re always afraid that it says non-stick and you spray it anyway – I always do.
2. Whatever you bake comes out squared and leveled. NOT KIDDING. For years all my bake goods looked non-professional, sad in a way. I made Ina Garten’s Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread and baked it in this pan. Not only was it good but each piece looked as if a chef had made it.
3. It’s heavy. Heavy in a good way. Solid may be the better choice of words.
4. Clean up is almost non-existent. Wash it like any bakeware.
5. CAUTION: You do have to watch the baking time on your recipes. They bake a little faster. I always turn the timer on the shortest time that’s recommended and go from there. You can see the edges go golden early.
It’s always nice to find tools that make your job easier and make you feel like you’re a professional.
PS: the picture on the left is from the WS site.