- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green parts finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 2 to 2 ½ pound tenderized flank steak (butcher will tenderize for you)
- ½ pound of sliced provolone cheese
- 2 red bell peppers roasted OR 1 jar roasted red peppers
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs – plain
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leafed parsley
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon restaurant ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Lay your tenderized steak on a cutting board stretching it to make a rectangle. Salt and pepper the steak. Leaving an inch boarder around the steak layer the drained roasted peppers first. The provolone cheese second and the leeks, garlic and parsley third.
Roll the steak tightly tucking in any jumpers. With butchers twine tie in four spots and then taking the twin wrap length wise around the roast. Secure the twine. Place on a rack that sits on your foil lined roasting pan. (I turn the rack upside down.)
In the oven for 45 minutes or until
130 160° internal temperature. When completed remove from oven, tent with foil for 15 minutes to cool. Move to a cutting board and remove the twine with kitchen shears. Slice serving piece about 3/4 inch in size.
Prepare for the compliments on the taste of this extraordinary special dinner.
|Roasting Pan||Sauté pan||Serving platter|
|Cutting Board||Pastry brush||Kitchen utility scissors|
|Utility knife||Medium sized glass prep bowl||Dry measuring cup|
|Butchers twine||Silicone spatula||Carving knife|
|Pot holders||Measuring spoons||Heavy duty foil|
Music to cook and serve by.